CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW MY BLOG LIST ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE PAGE.

Monday, December 8, 2008

Saturday, October 31, 1981

It was too overcast to bother going to the beach, and besides, I had a costume party to plan for that night.  At 1:00 the telephone rang.   It was my Mom calling to tell me that a renown Catholic priest named Father Ralph DiOrio was in St. Petersburg today, and would I go to a healing mass with her.  Feeling rather taken aback, I said yes.  You see, I had read about this service in the newspaper a few days earlier and had actually given attending a momentary thought.  I was at the house by 3:00 and Mom, my twin sister, and I climbed into my little blue Mazda RX7 and headed for the ?.  Even though I was not a total stranger to the Catholic Church because of extended family members, having been raised in the Orthodox Church, I knew not what to expect.  I was planning on being home by 6:00 so I could go out that evening.  Little did I know that 6 hours later the three of us would head for home as Born-again Christians ... praise the Lord!

0 comments: