CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW MY BLOG LIST ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE PAGE.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Beginning My Study On Apostles

I am studying about apostles these days because the Holy Spirit recently reminded me that the first 12 Apostles spread the word of the Gospel by the spoken word (preaching, teaching, and evangelizing) and by the written message (the books of the letters in the Bible ... John, Peter, and James for example). Jesus commanded the first 12 to be fishers of men meaning to spread the Word ... to teach others about Jesus Christ and the gift of forgiveness and salvation He has offered to the world.

I do believe this message was given to me because most recently, a word-of-faith believer implied to me that he is better than I because his ministry of preaching/evangelizing the Gospel touches more people than my ministry of Treasure Jesus. This, he tells me, will earn him a greater place in the Kingdom than I will earn. Interestingly, this man is from Corinth ... the same Corinth that Paul went to visit to correct the believers about their false teachings. Hmmmm ...! The false teaching presented in this post is the misunderstanding of works vs. grace.

In the Books of the New Testament, the Apostles teach us that our good deeds will not earn our salvation. It was Jesus who said in John 6:29 that the only WORK which man must do to be saved is to believe in Him: "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.” In reading this chapter a bit further, in verse 47, He said, " Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life." Very simple!

TBC (to be continued) without a doubt because of the passion He has put in my heart for this subject!

Ephesians 2: 8-9 "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."

0 comments: