CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW MY BLOG LIST ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE PAGE.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Day At The Dog Park

I had a most pleasant surprise at the dog park today.  A gentleman who I would refer to as a "dog park regular" greeted me with a giant bear hug and warm hello.  I felt so special!  We started exchanging pleasantries, and I think I recall him being the first to mention "the Lord" in his conversation.  My ears perked as I looked him square in the face and asked, "So do you know the Lord?"  "Oh yes," he replied.  "Oh yes I do!"  And the conversation just blossomed from that point.  I have seen this man for almost 3 years at this park, and I never knew until today that he is a believer.  


I love taking my 2 dogs to the dog park as often as possible every week, and when I do it's like refreshing therapy from the day for me. I just can't be stressed about anything at that park. However, I more often than not spend my hour alone walking the human trail instead of talking with people.  Today for example, before the gentleman arrived, I just trekked the trail alone talking almost entirely to God about everything on my mind today.  Now we will all agree that's not a bad thing at all.  On the other hand, I wonder how many other people in the park would relish a God-and-Jesus topic?  Hmmm ... I am going to pray right now ...

Father God, in the name of Your Son Jesus, lay it upon my heart when You want me to be more outgoing in regard to initiating conversations with people I do not know (well) so that  I might witness Your glory and/or they might do the same so that You may be glorified.  Teach me to be alert to the promptings of the Holy Spirit and fill my mouth with Your words so I walk away in awe at Your work in my life.  Thank you for sending Your Son to die on the cross for me, and it is in His name that I pray.  Amen.

0 comments: