CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW MY BLOG LIST ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE PAGE.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

TAKING A LOOK AT MYSELF

A new acquaintance told me about a prayer of his about his own "willingness." I thought to myself, "Willingness? My goodness, all my prayers of late have been about willingness. How odd he should tell me about this."


HOWEVER ... nothing is odd about how God works in our lives and here's why:


The light bulb lit up in my head, and finally I realize why I have felt so stuck for so many months. MY prayers about willingness have been about someone ELSE'S heart, and not mine. "Oh Lord, create in HIM a willing heart." "Oh Lord, change HIS heart. Make HIM willing." OMGoodness! I have totally missed the mark. My prayers will change immediately: "Lord, change MY heart and make ME willing to accept YOUR will and not mine."


While I know that all fall short, I am most humbled and frustrated with myself for not seeing this sooner than today. I SHOULD know better!


“The Lord will guide you continually …” (Isaiah 58:11)


“Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass … Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him.” (Psalm 37:4,7)


Thank you, Jesus! I finally have hope that was missing for a while.

0 comments: